View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post

I've been running one engine with a tight lash solid flat tappet, using Comps EDM lube option for the lifters and so far have 50,000 miles on that engine. The lash hasn't budged since break in. It's been a perfect setup.
Great data point.

When I read "don't want to pull heads" and "want to run a solid roller cam" in the same post, it makes my head hurt.

The whole point of a solid roller is to get those valves open as fast and as far as possible. I don't even know if you can find a solid roller profile small enough to work with stock installed spring height, and I don't know what springs you could find that would install at that height that would have the appropriate pressures.

maybe there's something out there with tiny lobes that can use low spring pressures, but then you've totally defeated the purpose of a solid roller.

Either pull the heads and set them up properly for a roller cam (either solid or hydraulic) or go with a solid flat tappet.

There is nothing about a solid roller that implies "reliable" or even "low maintenance."

When I made my decision to go with a solid street roller I knew darned well I'd be pulling the valvecovers on a regular basis to keep an eye on things.

Methinks the person you're working with really doesn't understand what's involved with what he wants.