View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well this is a bummer.

I appologize if this seems as a tangent, but if you're friends with the guy, does David have ziltch for supply of good used consoles?

I know the last time I had spare consoles, I had trouble selling them - and I have sold a LOT of parts to guys from Edmonton who don't want to pay David's prices.
(all the consoled I had and sold were automatic, I sold my last one about a decade ago)

I don't want to seem to knock David, or his business - he is a great resource to have, and I have bought a couple parts from him - he even snookered me into buying a club membership twenty-some-odd years ago.
LOL - he must have seen me coming!
On one of my visits there he even let me go to their (at the time) "other yard, where I met his dad, and was permitted to look around a bit - this is of course when his shop was in the city.
Smart business man, and again, a great resource to have.

I ask this because I have a guy currently trying to sell me consoles, but my past experience is that it's not worth my time.

... but back to your console, I have understood that everyone was able to make these new consoles work - after swapping the abs(?) brackets for OE steel ones, ect, ect...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)