View Single Post
Old 08-14-2021, 02:08 PM

I'm finally installing my Dougs on the '67 GTO w/E round ports since I could not get the RA manifolds. They clear the block, motor mount, and bellhousing well, but on the passenger side you can see the #6 tube is right against the frame at the top at the radius of the frame where the blue tape is. I really do not want to ding it and I have not fitted the driver side yet per instruction to do Passenger first. The mounts are "new" NAPA and have been sitting in the box for 35 years. If I were to put a washer under each motor mount bolt between block and mount it would move it over enough, but I think I should test fit the driver side first to see where I am. Anyone else have this problem? Body is of frame now as well. Had to move a brake line slightly and if the engine moved to the drivers side just a bit it would work great. Also have the 1/4" spacers under the frame mounts so the Canton oil pan would clear the center link. Also those are remflex gaskets (.160") thick vs the suppled Doug's gaskets which looks like about .060" thick. That will be my first try here with thinner gaskets. That .100' might do it.

Not sure if that washer idea will cause me other problems.

And ZeGermanHam - mine have the dimples for the bolts as well.

Feedback & experience appreciated.

Dougs install 1 by Matt Fronk, on Flickr