View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 01:46 PM
Senior Chief

Thank you very much for the reply. Some of the terms still don't register with me. Your car looks fantastic! If I'm seeing it correctly, it appears your drive shaft coupler is to one side slightly and the housing is centered.

I am purchasing a complete brake to brake rear and a bolt-in solution that is what I'm asking for. In the quote it descrbed axles being about 3 inches different in length when I asked about it here was the response;

The driveshaft will be in the stock location for an F body, but due to how the 9-inch is configured, the pinion is inherently offset, so in turn, the axles are different lengths, that’s true will nearly all Ford 9-inches. For example, if you wanted equal length axles, the pinion would be offset 2.18 inches (which is still within operating range of the u-joint).

I don't fully understand the reply. Is this sayning that the rear housing will be centered or is it saying that the drive shaft will be centered? Certainly I want function over appearance but if it looks goofy I want to address that sooner than later.

Again, I do thank you very much.

Northwind with XFlow TBI
4L80E
3.50:1 Rear

Last edited by punkin; 09-10-2021 at 02:05 PM. Reason: punctuation