View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:28 PM

What's up, b_hill! I'm finally on this forum, lol. Took my computer forever to finally get the sign-up "picture assembly" captcha working.

I think all the suggestions mentioned so far hold water. You got the correct overdrive WP pulley, you're covering the original function of the AC idle solenoid by boosting the idle to circulate coolant... only factor is the fan.

If you have an original shroud, I'd pick up an original 19" 7-blade fan and see if that helps. My temp rises super fast when I'm using the AC, too, but I think that's because I need to just adjust my idle-up solenoid. The car bogs down big time and the idle sounds like its at around 550-600ish and shaky, even when the solenoid is energized.

Is your car still equipped with the original radiator? If so, yes, it should be a 4-row. Air conditioning warranted mandatory Code VO2 HD cooling, which was a 4 row. Thing is, it may have met its service life if it can't cool anymore with the AC. If you decide to upgrade the rad, a lot of success has been made with the fat oversized 2 rows like Cold Case, Griffin, BeCool, etc.

And yes, a quick rise in temp is very much expected with the use of AC, and a rise to 210 with AC isn't that unheard of. The condenser puts off a lot of heat. What's more important is, does it stop there or does it keep rising?

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 09-14-2021 at 02:36 PM.