Thread: 66 Gto deck lid
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 Gto deck lid

Had a post in the body section on this.........400 4 sp thought maybe sometime the rear was hit...........he thought i could move the lid a little further towards the rear windshield.......did that today but didnt really get the other end where it fitted better.

When i moved it forward, i was really nervous about paint chipping , it was close, so i tried to put everything back to where its been for many years...........well seems i cant even get it back to where i had it.

My wife and me were doing this together today, but everytime i moved the lid sideways a hair, it moved way to much to that side, then kept trying all afternoon and couldnt get the gaps looking halfway decent.........

So to make this long story shorter........can you guys with a 66 give me a measurment on the gaps you have.........maybe its supposed to be really gapped close to the rear windshield.

Pic of what i got now.........looks about 3/16 across the top, the two end corners seem to look off.

If you guys have some spare time, you can look at some pics i have posted in the body section..........so you get an idea on what im babbling about

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk lid (3).JPG
Views:	81
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	573038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk Pics (4).JPG
Views:	79
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	573039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk pics (8).JPG