View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO.... NOS is a bad choice. I've probably made what I thought was one smart move in my life, I purchased half a dozen of the fillers from Pontiac around 1990. They were stored in my climate controlled shop from day one. I used one on my SD TA and it cracked within six months. It's replacement is holding up so far. I used one on my 74 Formula and it cracked after a couple years. Then it's replacement lasted a year or so before it cracked. I noticed of the six I bought from GM two had what looked like black primer with a slight shine and four looked like flat black primer. The one with a shiny finish I didn't use, broke into pieces last time I picked it up.... And kept breaking as it found its way to the garbage can. I'm now in the process of prepping one I bought from the Parts Place. My wife and I had to make a similar decision in regards to the bumper fillers on her Grand National. We figured the NOS fillers available had a good twenty year head start in the aging process. We were able to find some nice reproductions and are happy with them..... I'd definitely explore the aftermarket fillers for your Bird.