View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have been spending time lately tending to odds and ends. I had to buy a different console top because the previous owner of my car butchered the existing one to install a Hurst V-Matic shifter. The donor top which I bought from Facebook marketplace is ok for now, but very far from perfect. The seller didn't do as good of a job of describing/showing its condition as I would have liked. It has plenty of pitting needs to be professionally reconditioned and re-chromed. That's big bucks, so I decided to clean it up and repaint it as best I can for the time being. I don't want it to keep me getting the car back on the road, so it will be temporarily less than perfect. I wish new console tops water available for the auto trans cars... The good news is that I will be able to use it in conjunction with my new Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter and conceal it rather nicely using the stock shifter plate.

Also have been revisiting the emblems, some of which can be reused. They aren't totally perfect, but pretty darn good, especially when not looking at them through a magnifying glass. All told, not too difficult to strip the old paint off and repaint.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 06-01-2021 at 03:43 PM.