View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Road race HEI issue was some kind of harmonic issue with weights, springs and end play. It was not locked out. Also driving an 80 lb. oil pump. Something in the interface between these parts was not happy. Concerning OP's crank trigger, as mentioned, the trigger wires are a twisted pair. One of the very few issues I have had with MSD stuff has been the two wire connector male and female. I have had an intermittent connection there. They are not soldered by MSD. I remove the 4 terminals from the connectors and solder them at the crimps. Then after plugging them back together, wrap the connector with a little electrical tape. Run that twisted pair away from secondary ignition, electric cooling fans and any other high draw devices. Not really much top go wrong with the mag pick-up. I have noticed quite a bit of runnout on the trigger wheel in some applications. Check the MINIMUM clearance in 6-8 places around the wheel between the magnet. Make sure the closest gap and the farthest gap is within the specs. If I remember right .050-.070? Check that and if in doubt, stay on the minimum end of the specs.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: