Thread: '65 LeMans
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 02:25 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Andrew- I went back and looked at the LeMans again today. By the way, it's a coupe ("post" 2-door), not a hardtop. The rear is a ten-bolt, but I didn't crawl under to look for a tag- more than likely it's whatever ratio came behind a six cylinder and automatic. I also didn't get far enough under it to eyeball the transmission very well- looks to me like the two-speed. The underside looks great- everything painted and detailed nicely. I didn't notice any flaws in the interior or headliner, but didn't spend much time looking. The paint job is quite nice, but I saw two small spots with some cracks- top of a rear fender at the base of the C-pillar, and top of a front fender by the end of the cowl. The brightwork is nice- a few small flaws keep it from being #1 show quality. I sure wouldn't mind owning the car- if I were looking to buy it I wouldn't consider it overpriced (but I haven't shopped for a LeMans, so who knows...).

I'll try to scan and post a copy of the history writeup on the car.

The car's present owner is Mark Case, 585-924-4020. He either works for Heritage Motors or is a part-owner of the business. A call to him should answer any questions you have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65_lemans_history0001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	216761  

Last edited by Jack Gifford; 08-28-2010 at 02:54 AM.