View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I found this online and copy an pasted it .

The ohc6 was based off of Chevrolet’s 230 cubic inch L-head six-cylinder engine but nearly all components were either modified or of a completely new design. The ohc6 had a bore of 3.875 inches and a stroke of 3.250 inches with a 9.0:1 compression ratio. The crankshaft was a cast nodular-iron design supported by seven main bearings and the block was extended well below the crankshaft centerline to provide greater stiffness, improve bearing life, and minimize vibration. The steel forged connecting rods were conventional in design and attached to cast aluminum flat-headed pistons of a slipper skirt design that contained deep recesses for the valve heads. The pistons did not include any expansion control devices which differed from those found in other engines.

Looks like these engines all came with forged rods ..

If so it think this engine would definitely hold some power.

I've been looking for what rod length they have because the stroke is a half inch less then a 8cyl . But i cant seem to find any information .

The fact that it has a short stroke really gets my interest..

My question would be, can you get a cam ground for this . If not , then you're stuck with the factory spec's. Which im sure will work but not what i would want to go off of. It does have a decent amount of duration right off the bat though.. .228 degrees is not bad..

I think if you got a low compression version like the 9.0:1 which makes around 175hp you could make 500hp with 25 to 30 psi. That would be with a stock motor right out of a car with no mods..