View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROWHED
Mike, for my 65GP, I replaced the front lower control arm bushings several years ago with new rubber units from Ames. On each arm, the rearward bushing is round while the forward bushing is oval shaped....is that similar to a 68 GTO?

As for the upper control arms, I don't think there is anything too special about bushings for them. I tried red polyurethane parts several years ago from Summit, that were actually listed for a 65 fullsize Chevy...they lasted about a year before severely deforming, actually got squeezed out of shape. Yanked them back out and replaced with standard rubber bushings bought over the counter at a local Advance auto parts. If I remember right, the counter guy couldn't find a listing for 65 Grand Prix so I told him look up 69 Firebird, and those were a perfect match.
the lowers on the a-body's could be either round or oval. the ones on my car are oval as are the ones under the g/p.

when i get time i'm going to measure the uppers compared to the gto's kit i have on the shelf. i did the lowers but not the uppers in the gto's donor frame before i got sidetracked. if the uppers match or are "close enough", i'll throw one of the poly graphite kits in her to see how it works.

i know in one of the other threads i asked about a kit and was told they weren't offered in the urethane units. for those interested i thought i'd post this.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill