Thread: Spoiler removed
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tripower455:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red70goat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tripower455:
I took the spoiler off the GTO last week, and I am very pleased with how it looks. I am gonna order another deck lid and have the holes filled and painted to match. I plugged the holes with plastic capplugs painted to match (Rally 1 silver is almost a perfect match!)

http://tripower455.freeservers.com/spoilerless1.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...looks 100% ( literally 100% ) better. People forget that the original intent of spoilers actually served a functional purpose, not aestetics. I'm no fan of how these cars looked when they left the factory ( mainly the spoilers and rims ) but have always felt with a few subtle changes they could look quite good...and they look best in "grownup colors" aka : silver, black, darker mettalics.You've got a righteous ride there Tripower. Heres' one with some rims I liked. Some 05 calipers would really set this off. It too would look better w/o the spoiler. ( and no scoops ) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really like the plain steelie/dog dish caps on the old ones! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what I did with all my old musclecars but I'd paint the wheel mettalic grey. Then I'd throw on some chrome trim rings along with a highly polished dog dish hubcap with the factory emblem repainted the original color...it gave it a nice finished yet still factory look.