View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim@me View Post
I have a stroked 400 (462), alum. heads, MSD fuel injection, headers, and this has been my biggest problem. On my second MSD starter, heat soak is the issue, I have clocked the starter as far away from the headers as possible, and wrapped the starter, still got a problem. Will try the RobbMc starter, at least I can clock the solenoid to the bottom, further away from the headers.
with a heat wrap & clocked away from the headers you should not be having a hot start problem with a mini starter, or at least if its working right with good wires & grounds. i use a cheap priced summit mini starter which is made by powermaster & it turns over a 12.7:1 alum head stroker 467 with ease in all conditions. it has a heat wrap but wunning big 2" hooker super comp headers it really cant be clocked away from the nearest tubes.

could be other issues causing the problem like too much advance, poor condition or too small cables, bad ground etc. but if youre on #2 msd starter, time to look for another brand.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: