View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
Like I said, even though I have painted one car, theres so much to learn.

Really did not realize single stage is just urethane clear with the pigment added. I get the 2 stage would make metallic colors and deep colors appear nicer. but would it for white? and why is it that single stage is more prone to not laying out flat and with more chance of orange peel?

I plan to get a better spray gun for paint this time around, the one pictured I will use for primers. iv'e since learned a lot more about gun adjustment and I do have an old hood and fender I can practice on. I painted my last car with it. l

now, the water remover set up I have is not a big deal, don't know if better is needed or not. between it and the disposable filter at the gun, I did not seem to have a water problem. dont even get water in the small sight glass filter on it.

I dont use a regulator at the gun, is that a must? i'm asking questions early so I can review all the info, right now I am in the filler application & sand and block stage. long way to go but going real well.

sounds like I cannot use my everrcoat polyester superbuild and remain compatible with the epoxy primer so I will stick with using just epoxy primer.
Single stage is not more prone to not lying out flat and orange peel. That is simply not true.

Epoxy primer can be used with polyester primer. I do it all the time. They are compatible.

I painted this car in SPI black single stage.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...c-firebird-43/

Don