View Single Post
Old 08-11-2023, 07:59 PM

Default Help locate GTO Judge drag racers from 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott70 View Post
Back in the 80's and 90's we were building houses and our mason was Dan Miller from Durham maine. I had my 70 gto and I also dragraced a lemans. I got talking to him and he told me he had some left over parts from a 69 judge he had bought brand new. I went over to his house and he gave me the original bell housing,D port ram air exhaust manifolds,NOS lifters and swirl polished valves,cam,springs and I think that was it. He said he raced it from new and showed me a framed pic he had at the track. It said the hanging judge on the side. The car was long gone and he didnt know what had happened to it after he sold it.

I still remember back in 82 i stopped at a new car dealership near me and one of the workers there had a very nice 69 judge 4 speed for sale for 1500.00. I told him Id be back with the money,,,went back with my father and he talked me out of it because the starter would act up now and then. I bought my 70 with 38000 original miles in 1986 for 1700.00 but always regretted not buying the 69.

My father bought the hangin judge from him years ago. Engine broke down before I was born and I spent my whole life sitting in it waiting for the day I’d finally drive it. I’m finally having it restored now after about 40 years. Check out the license plate.

Last edited by jwood82d; 08-11-2023 at 08:22 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwood82d For This Useful Post: