Thread: voodoo 704
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
What have you went to for cams since those are no longer an option? Have you went to rollers? The particular cam core that is used to make the 704 seems to be hard for cam grinders to come up with, there are not many grinds like it that are available anywhere. The task of finding a comparable grind is a lot more difficult than it sounds.

All the cores for pretty much all cams come from the same place..CWC… Some of the companies (not many) use a little higher quality proferall+ core instead of Proferall. Most the grinds are basic cores, the only core I have ran into that was different on the cams I have done is the Melling SPC-8, and some Bullets, that have slightly wider lobes on the basic proferall core.. Lunati cams are pretty much all ground in house at Compcams or one of Comps’s subcontractors. Lunati HFT Lifters that are sold with their cam kits have a LOT of issues.

From what I understand the Brookshire profiles the Steve C listed that Howard’s has are some of the very very last HFT’s that Harold designed for Custom camshaft Co, newer designs than the Lunati Voodoo’s. His most advance work on HFT’s.
Yes cam core shortage going on now so make selection more difficult.