View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ET

There was a new comer Pontiac to the show this year. It was sort of a different animal. It was what I suppose could be called a modified clone of a '69 Tempest ET, which I suppose was maybe called a prototype, that never actually saw production. But, I'm sure some of you guys know more about an ET than me.

Anyhow, some local guys have put in lots of work, including at least 1 sleepless night, trying to get the car ready for the show. It ain't finished yet. But it did make the show.

It reminds me of all the last minute "thrashing" I did, especially one sleepless night I spent getting 2 Stockers ready to race. We did get 'em ready, sort of. Drove to South LA to a div 4 points race. I told TJ to watch me, and every time she saw me nodding off to wake me up, which she did. It worked. We arrived safely. But, we discovered that the cars would not meet specs to enter the div points race. They had passed tech at a couple of local tracks, but could not make it in the big time. It was a disappointment & a big learning experience. But, bracket racing was just around the corner. So, we just refer to that episode as "precious memories".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-ET .jpg
Views:	108
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	481307   Click image for larger version

Name:	2-ET .jpg
Views:	123
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	481308   Click image for larger version

Name:	3-ET .jpg
Views:	111