View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I owned the car a few years back. It had been built by some area Stock racers, then sold to a Chevy guy. He immediately wound it up to tight & broke a cast rod. He had another short block built, then put the car up for sale.

I think I saw the ad on racingjunk.com. Noticed the car was in a town only about 25 miles away, where my tranny guy lives. So I called to ask him if he knew the car. Turned out he knew the car & it's builder well. He had actually found the body for the build.

They were long time class racers, who I think my tranny guy, "Weird Harold", had done tranny work for. His name is actually Harrel. But I've always called him "Weird Harold" because of the Bill Cosby character, by that name. Harrel has done tranny work for lots of area Pontiac guys. Has also done lots of Pontiac powered racing. He was also at today's show.

Anyhow, our local track didn't open at all in 2010, so I sold the Tempest. It set until this project came along. It is definitely a little different than anything in this area, and probably in any other area. Anybody know of one ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-ET .jpg
Views:	99
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	481312   Click image for larger version

Name:	7-ET .jpg
Views:	96
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	481313   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-ET .jpg
Views:	93