View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I have truly been blessed with a great wife ! I married plum out'a my league. And we were both blessed with great parents & grand parents. And this year we'll have our 40th anniversary. Just don't seem possible. '78 was our most successful racing season, winning 15 of the 45 races run, plus lots of RU & semi finishes. And we took off from racing for an entire month, getting a small trailer house set up, beside the Speed Barn.

Some called 'em mobile homes. Nowadays they call 'em manufactured housing. But, whatever you call 'em, they still come with axles & wheels, & pull behind a truck. Sounds like a trailer to me. And, there were probably lots of passers-by who saw all the "junk" Pontiacs in the yard & around the shop and called us "trailer trash". So be it. We had a blast !

I can remember lots of things that happened in the shop, at the track, and on the trips to & from the track. Just don't seem that long ago. I guess it's true what they say, "time flies when you're having fun".

Here's a few pics. 1st one is not long after we got married. 2nd one is TJ on her birthday, when she got on Medicare, and we were going out to celebrate. 3rd one is a shot of just a few of the cars & stuff people would see as they passed by. My thought was that you can't have too many Pontiacs. May need some parts of of 'em some day. Last pic shows one of our trailer houses, TJ's 2nd gen bracket racer, and our '84 GMC CC, ready to head to a race in Prescott, Ark, around '86 or '87.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Late '78 .jpg
Views:	153
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	481575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Got on Medicare today .jpg
Views:	151
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	481576   Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Racers, Junkers, Hay Truck, Tow Rig, Shop '90 or '91.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	481582   Click image for larger version

Name:	CC-TJ's Bird-Trailer House .jpg
Views:	144
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	481587  

Last edited by ponyakr; 04-24-2018 at 11:12 PM.