View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here’s a crazy story about J&B Weld don’t laugh…LOL you know how the stock blocks have that loop casted in the back you know were bell housing bolts up. By The distributor. You can hook up a motor puller, to yank the motor out. on Opposite side of the distributor.

Well he dropped the block and it broke off, so for aesthetic reasons only I took J&B Weld and put it back on, so when I got motor done I told him twice DON’T hook the motor puller to that loop. Absolutely DON’T even made a note and taped it to the block.

Later I stop over to see the progress and guess what the chain and hook was hooked up the loop…he had just set the motor in car. I’m like holy CHIT !

I had run the motor and broke it in on my engine stand. Oh it gets even better, later that day he calls flipping out and says this motor is knocking!! So I go there fire it up and sure enough it’s rattling !! I ended up pulling intake and head off on passenger side, guess what I found ? A broken intake bolt, his buddy standing there and says, oh that’s were the missing intake bolt went.

This is really weird I only found a partial bolt, the head was missing, so just a precaution I pulled driver side head off, there was the head of the bolt. LOL luckily it did not damage to the head of valves. I’m guessing that it broke and sucked it from one side to the other. Still puzzled me to this day, but the motor been in Service for like 5 years with no issues. Crazy !