View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 03:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah it sucks ! Either you don’t have the money or have the money but not the time or your waiting for month or 2 to get something done that you figure a couple of weeks.. we’ll maybe 3 weeks. I was shocked that JB Weld held against the weight of motor. Another crazy story. this was a while ago..when I finally had the money to get my block done, it sat at machine shop for 2 months finally I stop there, with a stick of chalk, And drew an outline around the block and walked out, they started laughing. Didn’t help was another month before it was done. It was first aftermarket Pontiac block they had seen, it was only supposed to get hone to fit the pistons, when it was finally done. He charged me for a full bore job, little did I know but they tested it and said it was better material then some of the Chevy aftermarket blocks. Said it had high nickel contact. I guess we all got stories. It was IA11 block and they had gone to the splayed main caps, but no doweled pins, that’s another story and 2 months later after finding a shop that could put in dowel pins and hone.