View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

for the majority of items i sell like used auto parts or home audio/electronics, ebay sells them a lot faster than CL or other local selling sites ever could just because of the exposure.

as for fees, this screen shot of one of my recent sales, clearly shows the total ebay fee is 12.9%, they even do the math for you in case your calculator is broken... the fees have been the same for at least 10 years now, before ebay handled the payments the final value fee was 9.9% to ebay & paypal charged their 2.9 or 3% for a total of ~13%. now ebay does the payments so they get that ~3% payment processing fee, still the same ~13% for most categories. heres the payment details on a recent sale for an extra remote i had from some very expensive commercial HD projectors i sold, i would have taken $20-25 for it, it sold for $35, paid for all the fees & made more than i would have taken. sorry the screen shot is so small, but you can see the fee detials.

feedback- is not deleted after 12 months or ever, you can look at any members feedback & it goes back to the 1st one they got. i have 2000+ feedbacks that date back to the late 90s, none have been deleted. "unrujonny"- you have 254 total feedbacks, if you click on 254 it will show all your feedbacks with comments from the buyer/seller. the 1, 6, 12 month breakdown is just to show recent activity, your total is still there.

ebay is what it is, its costs something to sell there just like any other larger place you sell at from local auctions, to swap meets to amazon, they are providing a service to sell your stuff, 12.9% isnt that bad in 2022. its not pennies after the sale & youre not giving it away, if you price it right in the beginning you will make what you wanted or many time a lot more. if youre losing money that bad from 12.9% selling fee, then theres something else wrong.

not trying to argue with anyone or compare anything, just trying to help correct some of the inaccuracies in this thread, everything ive mentioned is factual regarding ebay fees, or deductions for a private seller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebayfees.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	596986  

Last edited by 78w72; 08-22-2022 at 11:11 AM.