View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,

It is interesting that your car has the Standard 2 spoke wheel, The dealer brocure and the PHS on both of the Formula's I have owned has the Formula wheel as part of the Formula Apearance package, with the tilt column & power steering manditory options with the wheel. Interesting.
Also I never meant to imply that the Formula wheel was not available on other Astre's and Sunbirds, it was from 77-80. And like your delux wheel is the same wheel available on F, A, and G bodies.

And I also have never seen a Formula Wagon, I just have some scans of original pic's taken in June 77 the day the owner took delevery. Unfortunatly it is a black car, and you can just make out the gold lower body stripes, but you cans clearly see the Formula decals on the doors, rear hatch, and front header panel. Also it does not have the hood decal.
So far I have verified that they built White cars with blue graphics, silver cars with orange graphic's, black cars with gold graphic's, and red and yellow cars with black graphic's. I have seen pic's of about 5 white cars, 2 silver cars, and 1 of each of the other colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	astre Formula wagon pic's #3.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	195611  

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)