Thread: Super Rare GTO
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
I'm with you on this one, Jeff. Personally, a BIN of $75k would meet my expectations for a car that was either fully restored to a high standard or was an unrestored original in excellent "time capsule" condition. I can't see paying $75k for a GTO that needs a full restoration, even if it has rare options. Unless it was owned by someone special, with extensive documentation... And yeah, Tiger Gold (or any gold paint) has never really appealed to me, either. But in the end, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay, so it'll be interesting to watch the auction unfold.
I agree. Too much coin for a car that needs a complete re-do and is no longer nice enough to drive as-is. And I'm another guy who sees Tiger Gold or any gold of that era as a negative. The only way it looks decent is when it's done up in two stage with the mop and glo wet look effect...and then it's far from 'correct' looking. I remember as a kid, these gold cars had dead and flat paint when they were 3 or 4 years old. The solid colored cars held up years and years longer. Still, neat car. Will be interesting to see what it brings.