View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 03:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I hadn't checked this thread for a long time, so I just caught up...all I can say is wow! You're doing an excellent job.
If the reproduction rear bumper doesn't work out, I've had excellent luck getting original bumpers replated for several cars at North Star Plating in Brainerd, MN: https://www.northstarplating.com They are affiliated with LKQ, and I *think* you can drop off bumpers at a local LKQ facility so they can take care of shipping back and forth, but you'd have to ask them about that.
By the way, have you posted about your shop over on the Garage Journal forum? I think I've seen pictures of it there.
Thanks Stuart! Thanks for the info too. Seems to me someone else mentioned that chrome shop too. It won't be long now until I will be trying out the Ames reproduction one I bought.
Yes, I started that thread on the Garage Journal forum back in 2007 about a full year before beginning the construction on it. Unfortunately my photo links in that thread all got broken when my photo hosting service made changes. That site allows permanent editing though so someday when I have time I'll fix the photo links.
Btw, I never could get a response from Eric on our forum here on whether I could be granted permanent editing to my build thread. It would be handy. He wouldn't respond to my PMs to him.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO