View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The best value for alum radiators is champion IMO.... yes there are better brands but you pay more. If you care about factory looking stamped tanks or brand names printed on the core then other brands have that, but for best value that provides excellent cooling with a no hassle lifetime warranty, champion is hard to beat. I got mine for about $200 shippped, current prices are still very goood at ~$250 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/28330881052...2&gad_source=1

I have been using the 3 row champion in a 500+hp street/strip firebird for almost 10 years now & it works great & was direct drop in to a factory shroud. Suggested them to a few friends that are also very happy with them, myself & friends have never had a cooling or quality problem, 2 of them have 425-450 hp 461 stroker pontiacs & one has a 600hp, 750+ on nos sbc, sbc one has been in use for almost 20 years. My car sees hot summer day city or back roads driving as well as hot summer days at the track running low 11s, never overheats & struggles to get to 170-180 if temps are in the 60s to low 70's.

As for warranty, I did request a replacement on my first one when I noticed a small ding in a tank after install, it was right by a weld so I was concerned, contacted champion to inquire about it & with no questions asked they sent a free replacement BEFORE getting the old one back, sent a prepaid label for returning the old one. Other brands may have a warranty but I doubt they would send a new one before getting the old one back to inspect & approve a replacement.

Just a suggestion for a better priced quality radiator, nothing wrong with the other brands but the better value is champion, IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: