View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Those advance parts are what is commonly known by folks that have been around since say 1978 or so, as a moroso curve kit. I don't have a hair of a notion who came up with it first, but suffice it to say mrGasket, moroso, and a couple others have used that same kit for years. Now as I've always known them
The Moroso version was always black oxided, and the gasket version was flask chrome plated.

I've dinked around with the stuff before and managed to get them to somewhat work ok, but you gotta spend a pretty good bunch of time with em and a distributor machine is almost assuredly a must. If not, after about an hour you'll be looking for something sharp to stick in your eye to make you forget about the pain experienced fooling with the damn thing for the last two hours.

Somewhere along the way somebody changed these kits up a bit. Used to be they were really bad about the tail tip of one weight getting stuck by the large end of the other weight thereby creating a lock situation. I guess 10 years or so ago I noticed they had started making the tails just a skosh bit shorter to alleviate this problem.

I can't remember because it's been a long while since I looked at some, but I think your center cam
Is on upside down. Which is why the weights look funny parked the way they are. Again it's been too long and I'd have to put my hand on it.

There never were any decent instructions for the orientation of the cam anyhow, and 80% of the ones installed were not right to begin with.

Was a decent idea I guess but for 5.00 for the kit what do u expect.

Best bet, acquire a decent pair of weights and center cam.