Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Thelander View Post
well I guess I will put my NOS one in the car .. on the right

but

I still need another NOS 68 clock for my other rally gauge car also

anybody have one ??

I see franks has a dropped one ... for almost 3 times what I paid for my nos

Scott

Scott, another avenue might be to have a new overlay made of the 1968 version face and apply it to the aftermarket clock.

I wanted to add a "period looking" tach to the 1948 International box truck I have. It is a straight 6 and only turns 3,000 RPM's, so used a VDO 3,000 RPM tach used for boats.

I had to disassemble the tach and pulled off the face plate and contacted a service in Florida that does gauge refacing and refurbishing. I drew up the design based on an actual International tach used by the larger road trucks of that era. I added a couple items to make it a little more unique.

I emailed the service with scans of what I wanted and he said he could do it using a Cad-Cam program he utilizes. So I mailed him the tach face. He had my scan of what I wanted, and then he first made a B & W replica to make sure the basic features were correct. Then he added the colors and other features and contacted me again with a scan. It was what I wanted, but needed the face to be more tan to match the truck gauges, rather than white. So he adjusted and emailed me the scan. When I said it was good, he made his overlay and mounted it over the supplied tach face plate.

It cost me $50.00 to have the overlay made plus shipping back and forth to Florida. I reassembled the tach, added LED lighting, and installed the tach in the dash of the truck and it works perfect.

I suspect you could go this route and then have on file the face overlay and even sell them to others. Fairly fast service and turn around.

http://www.customdials.com/custom_ga...1-2017_007.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01  VDO Tachometer #333-199.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	561433   Click image for larger version

Name:	02  VDO faceplate.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	561435   Click image for larger version

Name:	03  New Overlay.jpg