View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
Curious what size I might be able to get on the back without rubbing on the exhaust. I'll get a rim mounted up later and take some measurements. 255 would be safe, but I'm wondering if I could get away with a 275.
Nitto says the 255 will be 10.43" wide (fully inflated) and the 275 will be 10.94" wide so .25" to the inside and .25" to the outside. So width wise, there really isn't much difference.

The big difference is the diameter. 27.1" for the 255 vs 25.7" for the 275. The 275 will leave an extra .7" gap between the top of the tire and the fender opening. Will that be acceptable to you or will you be looking to lower the car?

Your photo shows that you have about .75" clearance with your existing rims/tires.

If you do some math by looking at current rim width and BS and current tire size, it should be pretty easy to see how much clearance you would have to your exhaust.

I don't know off the top of my head what the BS is on your 14x6 Rally II's. But suppose that they have 4.25" BS - then your new 17x9's would need to have 5.75" BS to put the rim in the same position (3" wider - 1.5" inside and outside will match).

The section width of your 225/70's is 9" according the BFG.

Just plug in your real numbers and see what you come up with...