View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 PM

Default New to this forum

Hello I'm new to this forum. I also have an 84 Firebird, I race it at our local drag strip. This is cool because until today the only info and/or forums I have found on this subject was over 9 years old and out of date. The links and web sites connected to it were gone.
Right now in the car I have a std bore 350 chevy with a TH 400 and a Ford 9 inch rear end hung in there with Competition Engineering ladder bars and a CE sub frame kit. I'm only doing low 13 to high 12 sec 1/4 mile times at this point but I'm having fun with it.
I have acquired a 71 Pont 400 that I'm planning on building with a stroker kit to make either a 440 or 462 CID I haven't decided which one yet. At some point also I'll be installing at CE 8 point roll cage and other mods to stiffen up the car, as I have found these are weak unibodies.
I already have learned a couple things from your posts (what frame motor mounts to use and about the extra holes in the crossmember) I'll be looking forward to future ones. BTW what do you plan on do doing to stiffen up the car? It's clear you are going to drive this on the street and that engine will have a lot of torque and from the pics I saw you had a T-top so body strength likely will be an issue.
P.S. Here is a pic of my ride at the strip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2386.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	360540