View Single Post
Old 10-20-2016, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by "QUICK-SILVER" View Post
So what did you come up with or was you just saying the shopping list is set
A couple of Pontiac friends felt sorry for me, and decided to rig up something I can use. TJ said that I deserve it because of all the cars & parts I've given away, and all the guys I've helped, thru the years. But still, it's very humbling to be on the receiving end this time. Both guys are members of this forum. So, THANKS again guys ! I really appreciate it !!!

I don't know all the exact details of the finished product. So, I'll have to wait til it's finished, to post pics & details. But, it's starting life as a '69 Tempest post car, which I owned a few years back. At that time, it was white, and had a 350HO engine, which had been set up originally for Stock racing.

These same guys have helped me with my last 2 bracket cars, and have hauled 'em to the track for me. But, I have a decent homemade trailer. So, if I can come up with a decent, reliable truck, to pull it, I won't have to ask somebody else to haul it for me. Hey, a guy who races just needs his own truck. And, I can even use it to haul the Tempest to out of town shows, and pick it up, if it should have problems out on the road somewhere. I hate having to pay big bucks for a wrecker fee. I once paid $250 to have a truck towed about 6 miles.

Just from the small amount of searching I've done, it appears that there are decent trucks out there that will meet my needs, for $5k or less. And, for about $10k or less, there are some pretty nice lookin trucks, with well below 200k miles. Might be able to find something local, at a real good price, since there are so many trucks in my area. I've found that if you have the cash in hand, you can usually find some real good deals. So, I'll continue to try to sell my '68 Bird, or some of the parts I have, to raise truck money.

Not too many racers in my area, and us Pontiac guys are very few. So, I've advertised my stuff on several sites. Only little nibbles so far, and those who SAY they'd buy IF they had the $$. But, I'll eventually sell some stuff, and/or do some trading. I'd like to have everything lined up, so that I can do my own hauling by next spring, when the track opens and the shows crank up. Our local track usually opens around the 1st of March, and our local show is in the middle of April. So, I've got at least 4 months to come up with something. Any help selling some of my stuff, and/or finding the right truck would be appreciated !

The thought just came to me that I should probably start a new thread for the truck search. So, I'll do that now.

Last edited by ponyakr; 10-20-2016 at 09:01 AM.