Thread: Newbee Question
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 11:33 AM

Thanks 60sstuff and 428ho4spd. Here's my info on what you posted:
  • I don't think my car had the cover from the factory. At least it's not highlighted as part of the car's build. Am I reading this right? I've attached the pertinent build sheet info that shows how the cover is not highlighted.
  • My console box and/or plunger switch do not seem to have a provision for installing the courtesy bulb. I have the switch but I don't see a hole for the bulb's socket.
  • I see issues with my radio antenna. I've attached several photos of what I have. It seems the intermediary component is loose from the base and being loose, I can easily pull the mast and the intermediary (black piece) out of the base. Because the intermediary component doesn't secure to the base, I guess Im wondering if I have a broken base. Maybe?
  • Regarding the 8 track tape player. - yes, as shown on the attached build sheet, the player was part of the car's build. I do indeed have the heater deflector as part of it. There are 2 phosphate plated 1/4" sheet metal screws with captured washers that hold the deflector in place. I had to remove the deflector in order to get the console out for cleaning of the console, carpet, etc.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 11.06.27 AM.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	596663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4776.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	596664   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4777.jpg