View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971455HO View Post
You're braver than I am Mike. Pics show you lifting and supporting your engine by the carb flange on the intake (original factory aluminum intake no less).

I thought about using my carb plate when I was lifting my engine. As heavy as Pontiacs are, I was too afraid. You've proved you can. Even now looking at yours, I am a little squimish about it. Ponchos weigh a good bit more than those mouse motors. Wasn't afraid of the threads not holding, I was scared the intake might snap. Your engine looks great by the way.
Just used the hoist to install the flywheel and the last rear galley plug, then went right back on the engine stand. The intake plates work fine, looks like it wouldn't but it is fine.

And the oil fill dipstick was installed for test and I forgot to remove when I bagged the engine up.. The handle will be blasted.

Mike mentioned 400hp, with the goodies in this engine, I wouldn't be surprised to see more...much more, torque is going to be mid5's to 6oo.. Pure stock on the outside, but all the goodies on the inside.