View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How about the correct cadmium and copper plating? Those NL's are just gold. Still amazed the near NOS condition of these. I honestly don't think they had ever been wrenched on when I first took this engine apart.. Machining confirmed this engine had never been worked on, not many of these blocks left hat have never been messed with..

Any comments on the water pumps number?? 1971 only use if I recall.

And what about the paint color?? I have always argued that the OEM 71 color was about as good as you will get with the 71 shade- stupidly expensive, but sure matches well. Has the right amount of green in it.. And Mike, if you are not going to use the grey/green paint I gave you for the wheels, pls send it back. That color is about impossible to match good. We used an almost NOS spare to get that color matched.. It is dead on..

But yes, we proved all it takes is a long Saturday to reassemble one of these engines.If you have all the parts and tools to check everything, 2 guys can reassemble one of these in a long 8-10 hour day..can't wait to start this baby up..

Oh and Mike.. I may be taking it to a local shop to run on a dyno once we are ready.. Will love to see the dyno numbers on this engine..