Thread: eBay sightings
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Weird run on low mileage Firebird Esprits. 79 Firebird Esprit with so ugly it's cool "Red Bird" option at $12.6K BIN in Florida with 41K original miles. The link is broken showing any interior or engine pictures, but it does have a beloved (by me) red interior. What would you do with this car if you owned it? I would leave it alone, but I wouldn't really want it. I would feel guilty swapping engines in this car with 41K original miles. If I did, I'd drop in a Chevy crate 350, only because it's really much less expensive. This car doesn't need to go that fast, but it should go faster. You could easily put together a 350 crate engine at 250 HP for prolly less than $4K... with a warranty. Put the original motor on a stand and sell it with the car if you do sell it. The car would be fast enough to have some stones and look retro... if that was your thing. These cars were made to target a female demographic. Without the red wheels and maybe some 17 inch Honeycomb aluminum rims it would be cool enough to drive around. But... you know maybe remove the decals by the rear window? Wouldn't that be a sin to do on a car with this low of mileage? ...I would remove them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20417040095...Bk9SR_Dfjq6ZYQ

The 17" Honeycombs on the 72 Trans AM below would make this car look so much better.

Last edited by thews; 11-30-2022 at 08:02 PM.