View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 09:29 AM

Default 67 Firebird Fuel system Upgrade

My Firebird has never run at the power level I expected. I have not driven it much over the recent years as I have / added other toys taking the limited fun time.
After the engine refresh roller cam swap last year, spending more time on it now. Searching this forum for trouble shooting tips, I finally nailed it to the fuel delivery system. I have a pressure drop when accelerating and a flow test yield low volume. I took the wide band from my 2004 GTO, and definitely running lean. Carb is Qjet 800 cfm done by Cliff years ago. Engine is 455, ported 6X, roller cam similar to a high lift 041. Street car for cruising and fun. Currently have a Carter mechanical pump, and stock 3/8” lines.

I am thinking of two options to address this.
1. Robbmc 550 fuel pump, his ½”fuel tank sender unit, Inline Tube can custom make a ½” line and also supply a ¼” return line. This will be around $700 for the parts
2. Tank Inc electric fuel tank / pump kit. About $950
I believe the Tank Inc route may be better. My concern is routing the two -6AN push lock fuel hoses (feed /return lines) and where to put the regulator.
Any install advice ?