View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
Thank you - I like what you’ve done there. I’m considering the kick panels with the kicker speakers and a 4 channel BT amplifier so I can keep the factory radio intact. I’m also looking Kicker 6x9s for under the rear deck - one in the already cut out speaker hole and the other in the area where defogger is. The kick panels I’d have to paint to match the interior.

Regarding the tweaking of the parking brake is the forced bend at the bracket where it mounts to the firewall? Meaning, did you pull on the whole assembly?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113M50...C-M5024BT.html
Yes, I just grabbed the parking brake peddle and gentle pulled it until it cleared the speaker. It looks like you have a great plan. My car did not have an original radio, it had an old Radio Shack radio that had seen better days. I also looked at buying an original radio and sending it off to be rebuilt with modern components. There are companies out there that will upgrade an original radio bringing it into the 21 century but maintaining the original look. The trick is to find an original radio that is worth rebuilding and then the cost of the rebuild. For what my car is, the Retro Radio was a great fit.

Dale

Retired Helicopter Pilot