View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
Friend of mine worked for the largest carb rebuilder in the US for GM & was given very large books with all info on every carb listing every spec & Carburetor calibration so that they could build them proper . These are GM master books 10" thick & list every detail on every carb from 1960- 1978 if you may need any info.
Are we talking about the Delco carb manual; a gigantic "ring binder" with sections for all the various GM carbs? I can't tell, the manuals I have were updated into the 1980s, and go back before 1960.

Far as I know, there was a three-binder set from Delco. If there were other binders covering different subjects, I don't know about them.
1. The Delco "1.2" manual for electrical systems--generators, alternators, batteries, relays, regulators, etc. This was a required text-book for the Auto-Electrical section of my trade school.
2. The Delco "9" Carburetion manual
3. The Delco Brake manual

All the item numbers pictured were referenced to part numbers on the bottom half of the page, and on the back side of the page, for all three carbs. There's a page for every carb, every year, every GM division, plus some non-GM applications, plus Throttle Body Injection. There's sections on the various designs of carbs--Dual Jet, Quadrajet, 2G, etc.

At some point--about 1988, I think--the yearly updates (and perhaps the manuals themselves) were discontinued. Nobody at my local Delco outlet knows anything about these manuals.