View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
If you are ready to market this, please let me know. donaldjkeefe@aol.com or 585-489-9826.
Will give you call Don .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
What ignition s are you using for your system.

Not the normal "COP" (coil on plug) or "CNP" (coil near plug) configurations normally used.
Coils and bracket to mount them really nice work but they take up a lot of space it appears.

Tom V.
The GM coils don't seem big, but packageing 8 of them takes a little bit of real estate. For this application, I choose the GM 0411 ecu for all drivetrain related controls. Didn't want multiple control boxes. Just 1 doing it all. That's one of the reasons I made this. You can use other ECUs such as Haltech, Motech, MS3Pro, ect. Have the 58x setup designed which I'll start with the GM E38 ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
Nice job, and nice car.
Thanks! Its been a fun adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisr View Post
That's awesome man! 0411 PCM's you can't really go wrong with considering how cheap they are and readily available.
Thanks. Its a great ECU thats been proven in a few million applications over a few billion miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I am interested in this for my pro-touring Formula project, but would like to see the list of other things I would need to buy.
This setup allows for personal preferences. The reluctors & sensors will work with other components. You have the freedom to choose what you want. You can go as much or as little as you wish.
A few parts
In-tank fuel pump. External will work but keep up with today's tech.
Fuel pressure regulator. Can use the GM filter / regulator is desired. That is not adjustable.
Any intake w/ injector bungs
Injectors
Fuel rails
Throttle body
MAP, ECT, IAT , & O2 senors
ODB2 port inside car
Harness, relays, fuses, ect
This application started with a stripped down 4th gen harness and integrated that into the car. Its separate from the body haness aside for some powers & grounds. This makes its easy to trace wires. Body is 78 Fbody, Drivetrian is 2000 F body. One could use a truck harness also. Wire colors are the same for arguments sake.

Optional:
Wideband O2 sensors, AC trinary switch, fuel pressure sensor
Depending on which ECU, you could even run a flex fuel sensor for E85.

Extra optionals the GM ECU allows
4Lxx trans
electric fans
electric speedo
AC
Ect

Build: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...1978+g+machine
1999 30th Trans Am 6 spd, T top