View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Mcleod Clutch Parts for the Grand Am

Today I received more parts for the Grand Am. As I always have used Mcleod clutch parts, I purchased Mcleod's blowproof scattershield, SFI LS flywheel, and Mcleod/Wilwood 5/8" clutch master cylinder. The scattershield is heavy, but worth it since I blew up a clutch once before and saw what happens to the bellhousing. I already have a 3/4" Wilwood master for the the hydraulic T/O bearing set up that was installed in the car, but this new set up will reduce my clutch pedal effort. The 12" clutch and disc are my parts that I had previously installed on the Pontiac 455, and will be re-using those parts since they are in perfect condition. The plan is to lighten the flywheel from 30lbs. to about 23lbs. I had this done on the Pontiac, and it worked great on the street....revving very quickly. My garage is starting to look like a speed shop. I have parts all over the friggin place , so if the swap doesn't work out, I think I can open a parts store instead??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-18 16.20.45.jpg (120.9 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-01-18 16.22.18.jpg (123.1 KB, 257 views)

1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.