View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 TRASHCAN View Post
Don, I pray you can find a buyer!
Jeff
Thanks !

For the last few years, I've tried to reason that I could get a really low budget car running & then have a friend haul it to the track for me, enuff to make a few races a year.

Well, the plan would work. BUT, it's really not fair for me to ask others to put their plans aside, in order to help me carry out my plans. It just ain't right.

So, that means I'd need either a new truck, or a really nice, dependable truck, to pull my trailer. Also, I'd either need to buy a better trailer, or repair the trailer I have now.

Well, besides the initial cost of a suitable truck, there is also the upkeep & insurance costs of it. Since I spent all my money on racing, rather than putting it into a retirement savings account, my sole source of income is now my monthly SS check. That money must be used for monthly household expenses, to help keep the lights on & bills paid.

Only other income is TJ's SS & whatever she has to draw out of her 401K. So, it's not fair to her for me to spend money on racing, at this point in life. So, giving it up is really the only sensible & honorable thing to do.

The few items I have left are worth quite a bit more than I'm asking, IMO. But, as I've mentioned, there are no local Pontiac guys who'd pay anywhere near my asking price. So, I'll either have to sell to someone out of area, or do what I did with the last 2 drag cars I sold, which was to sell the roller to a Chevy racer, then try to sell the other parts, a piece at a time.

Have loved Pontiacs & racing for a long time. Glad we got to do lots of racing, had good success, & survived the racing & the traveling, safe & sound. Have been blessed ! PTL !