View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatfreeGTO View Post
Very cool Tod you know all about them then! I got my engine and trans out of the junk yard. Its a low mileage 2008 Gen IV 6.0l with a 2009 4l80e. These VVT motors first came out in 07 the new camaro is using VVT if you order the L99 version.

My engine is the truck engine so it has a cast iron block and 9.6:1 compression. It comes from the factory with L92 aluminum heads and I added all the corvette intake, fuel injectors, fuel rails, and corvette alternator, power steering pump, and I put in a 97 remanufactured Jeep grand cherokee steering box. Cool thing about the steering box is it bolts right up and features a 12.7 ratio which is faster then the stock gto one. Since that box is metric I used corvette pressure lines and that all went together real nice as well without having to make custom lines for standard to metric.
I just did the GC steering box in mine this spring (used a 1980 Camaro hose for the high side and use the stock 1966 pump with a newer valve in it to attach the metric hose). Definately a worthwile conversion. If you check my project thread in my sig, you will see all the suspension improvements I made recently. My car is a much better car to drive now with the changes. Next is the motor (I keep saying this, but I think I may finally pull the trigger this winter). I got a 428 and now a stock 455 to build. I think I am going to do a stock rebuild on the 455 with a mild cam for now.

My 389 is very tired. I will pull it and stick it in the corner for possible future use.

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826