View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the combos for both of my cars.

'72 Formula 400. I wanted to retain a "stock at first glance" appearance while actually going into the realm of "damn, never seen that before."

So, I had some custom 15x10" steel wheels, much like Bart's made. With chrome trim rings and dog-dish caps, it'll fool you from the side. 5" backspacing. 265/50-15 tires up front, 305/50-15 out back. The fronts fit with plenty of clearance all around, the backs are darned tight and the seatbelt bulges had to be flattened. The 305 tire has about a 12" cross-section so sticks out from under the fender a bit, but the tread is all under the car.

And, at the autocross:

For my '73 'bird I wanted lightweight and best possible handling so went with the '00 TA WS6 wheels (17x9") and Michelin Pilots in 285/40-17 size. These wheels have too much backspacing so had to use some VB&P billet adapters, 1.25" I think without looking up my notes. This produced 5.25" backspacing which is fine, plenty of clearance up front but I did have to flatten the bulge in the rear again.

Note that in this picture I don't have the car lowered to where I want it yet and it's sitting on uneven ground which makes the front look higher than it is from this side.