View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

Of course, as I write this, it occurs to me that anybody on the Registry could distribute the pdf to anyone. I've assumed that each Owner would keep the Registry confidential but maybe not so.
I replied to your PM, Don with my concerns based on a situation that happened to a friend of mine.

You would like to think that everyone in the Registry would honor the confidentiality of the Information. I have no issues with someone knowing that I have owned 64 GTOs built certain ways. I do have an problem with distribution of VIN numbers for very desirable vehicles where the info could easily make it out on to the internet or to people who know how to find information on the internet based on State Records, Tax Records, etc.

I can remember when we used to have to give our SS # every time we passed a check in college. It was used as your Student ID. Today we have learned that that was a very bad idea.

JMO

Tom Vaught

VIN numbers are no different.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.