Thread: Center jets
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 10:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is almost comical. Had to exercise the walk-away earlier.

Yes , the carb was squirting. I took the top off and low and behold the powerpiston is sitting in bowl, and after inspecting it’s kind of bent and no longer works. It’s jammed. So somehow it got wrecked when I put the top on. I triple checked the size of the new power valve, same as the old one, so was not a clearance issue. Who the hell knows.

I took the top of my bigger Venturi carb that had a fresh power piston staked in it and threw it on the carb on the motor. Car started up and idled. Af was actually worse. 10.5. Now mind you Ive got the ultimate Frankenstein going at this point, my original base throttle body, center bowl from another carb off the shelf with my original cluster that is mod’d and a top air horn off the 500 cfm carb (that did not work). It’s insanity. And I’m at 10.5 idle.

Dick if you happen to have a one of these carbs available for sale, I might be ready to cut bait over here. Winter is coming and I want to make sure to get some time in with my new rebuild before salt hits the road.