View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 09:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I did a bunch of track testing with this system, compared to the original Gardner system (which is pretty restrictive) A flowmaster transverse system, and the Pypes SGF70 transverse system.

On my bird simply switching to the flowmaster transverse system the car went from 14.0's to 13.70's and mph picked up from 99 to 102 best but would run 101+ mph occasionally with no other changes to the car.

I later switched to the Pypes setup and it would run a 13.6x on occasion but 70's were still common, and mph was consistently over 102. So there wasn't a bunch of difference between those 2 systems but Pypes seemed to be worth a pinch over the Flowmaster.

I've tweaked on the car here and there over the last few years, little things, and eventually have run a 13.10 at 104 mph with the same system.

There are cars in the PS drags that use this exact system running well into the 11 second zone so it has the capability of supporting some power. That transverse muffler is a straight through design on the inside with a little fiberglass packing. Basically just like the Pypes dual race pro mufflers or the Dynomax ultraflow construction.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: