View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
I got an email about it a week ago.

Glad you finally got to enjoy what it should be like. Yesterday (Saturday) was Pontiac night which is why you saw a lot of Pontiacs. Every 2nd Saturday of the month is Pontiac night.

The new parking area for club participation like Pontiac night is on the North end of the lot near the main drag. I am told there are only 43 spots available for that, which is more than they had for clubs previously, however it may be necessary to ask McDonalds employees to move their cars for access to all of them.

Also from the same email I was told now, McDonalds is no longer responsible for this cruise and has nothing to do with it any longer. It's been taken over and the new contact is Larry Oliver. New times for the cruise are now in place by the Gila Indian Reservation, 3-8pm.
That was not the first time I have been there when at full capacity, I've lived in the east valley for 40 years and have been there many times. I can remember seeing some of the most amazing cars there usually right around the time the auctions are going.

It was nice to see it back to something close to those years again, I could do without all the Hondas and KIAs but still very enjoyable.

So what was this email you got, from a Pontiac club?