View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 05:43 AM

Things you’ll need.
Turbo: I have a general idea for what I need but I'll ask ask some experts to help get me the right trim, bearing, etc.
Turbo headers: I'm a welder, been doing a lot of CRES, CuNi, and NiCu piping on ships recently. I think I can fab some good headers. Use v-band clamps and bellows for heat and vibration.
Wastegate: I'll need two to keep the exhaust manifolds separate, right?
BOV: Will a blow-thru carb work better with one that vents to atmosphere or one that recirculates?
Hot side piping: Same size as turbo outlet, silicone couplers.
Cold side piping: Same.
Boost referenced regulator: Not one off ebay.
Oil drain back line of some kind possibly a tank and pump depending upon where it’s placed:I'll have to get creative with plumbing.
A carb set up for boost or EFI: CSU, C&S.
A carb hat if using a carberator: Match the cold side piping.
A fuel pump that will pump enough fuel under boost a1000 for carb: Will I need an EFI tank or can I retrofit the original tank?
Intercooler or water meth injection: Air-to-water with a heat exchanger would be cool.

What else?
Cold air intake
boost gauge
Air charge temperature sensor
Exhaust gas temp sensor
Fuel pressure sensor
Are valve cover breathers fine or are there advantages of a PCV system with check valves and oil separators?

"And the one thing you can say about Capitalism is that, although it produces inequality-which it absolutely does-it also produces wealth, and all the other systems DON’T. They just produce inequality." Dr. Jordan Peterson