View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

As long as it actually still drives well, I think Ill take the extra HP every time.

Ive slowly began to feel that the "torque for the street" theory is antiquated mostly from looking at single plane vs duel plane stuff.

When I am street driving, I am mostly just cruising. Its under 3500 RPM, I am not trying to scare old ladies. Its more important to me that when I do want to put my foot through the floor that ALL of the beans are there.

Now no rules are hard and fast. As mentioned if the math were done and the blue line actually makes more average HP, then thats different. Generally speaking however, give me the power up top for the track. I wont miss 20-30 foot pounds at 2500 RPM. I WILL miss the tenths on the ET if I lose them.

It comes down to tangible vs theoretical for me. The butt dyno is inaccurate at best. Even with spirited street driving, as long as you have enough torque to break the tires loose its kinda all the same. But those ETs on the other hand, they are tangible and accurate. I would rather have that top end to make sure I get those hard numbers. Burnouts all look the same. ET Slips do not.

The other asterisk would be drive quality. Nobody wants a hard starting, snotty cam that wont idle below 1200 RPM and doesnt have enough vacuum for accessories. There is a point of diminishing returns.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports